At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The following events occurred in the year 1985:
- Fred and George Weasley are punished by Arthur Weasley for almost forcing Ron to make the Unbreakable Vow.
- 23 June:
- 1 September: Harry Potter and Dudley Dursley start at St. Grogory's Primary School.
- Comic Relief U.K. is founded.
Individuals that started at Hogwarts
Behind the scenes
- 20 January: Actor Robert Roman Ratajczak, who played a Wedding Guest, is born.
- 16 May: Actor Stanislav Ianevski, who played Viktor Krum, is born.
- 17 May: Actor Derek Hough, who played a Ravenclaw student in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, is born
- August: Actor Henry Lloyd-Hughes, who played Roger Davies, is born.
- 2 August: Chase Armitage, who played a Snatcher, born.
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 16 (A Very Frosty Christmas) "Fred and George tried to get me to make one when I was about five. I nearly did too, I was holding hands with Fred and everything when Dad found us. He went mental" Ron was born in March 1980 and would have turned five in March 1985
- ↑ In Britain, children attend Primary school from the age of 5 to 11.
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages - Foreword
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Professor McGonagall" at Pottermore
- ↑ Wizard of the Month
- ↑ The Black Family Tree confirms that Walburga Black was born in 1925 and died in 1985.
|20th century : 1980s|
|1980 - 1981 - 1982 - 1983 - 1984 - 1985 - 1986 - 1987 - 1988 - 1989|